Chapter Leaders/Executives Symposium
2015 Symposium set for March 24-25
GCSAA hosts a Chapter Leaders/Executives Symposium in the spring at GCSAA Headquarters in Lawrence, Kan. The symposium is an event that provides leadership training, development and support to chapters. It also highlights the programs and services available to chapters through GCSAA, and provides an opportunity for chapter leaders and executives to network with their peers from around the country.
The program is limited to 25 chapters. Preference will be given to those chapters that have not participated before, after that it is first-come, first-served. Each participating chapter will be asked to send two representatives. Recommended attendees are the chapter vice president or secretary/treasurer (a leader who will become chapter president in the next one to three years), along with the executive staff or volunteer administrator if there is no paid staff. An essential component of the symposium is to provide an opportunity for the paid and volunteer leader to become a stronger team for their chapter.
- Learn how to be a highly successful team leader for your facility and your chapter
- Understand how to provide a more meaningful chapter experience, through the engagement of members and volunteer involvement
- Develop a foundation to achieve chapter goals
- Learn the critical components successful chapters share and how to make sure these are in place in your chapter
- Build a professional network of peers who share best practices and innovative ideas
The chapter is responsible for:
- Airfare/travel expenses
- Hotel room for chapter leader
GCSAA will pay for:
- Hotel room for chapter executive/staff
- Will provide snacks and lunch each day of the conference
The Chapter Leaders/Executives Symposium is funded in part by the Williams Leadership Endowment through the Environmental Institute for Golf, the philanthropic organization of GCSAA.