Establishing your chapter's framework for the future.
Investing the time to conduct strategic planning encourages chapters to establish a framework, helps them to focus on accomplishing specific goals and broadens the scope of member
involvement. The Strategic Planning Guide
leads your chapter through the steps of developing a comprehensive strategic
GCSAA also provides strategic planning assistance. A GCSAA staff representative or planning consultant will facilitate a 1/2-day or full-day planning session with your chapter's board of directors or other members who wish to participate. During the planning session, your chapter will:
- Develop a mission and vision statement.
- Identify the constituents it serves.
- Complete an environmental scan to identify strengths, challenges,
opportunities and risks to the chapter.
- Discuss future goals and objectives, and then select two to three specific
goals and objectives to be completed in the coming year.
- Develop strategies and assign specific tasks to committees to help achieve
those goals and objectives.
- Learn how to involve all members in successfully launching and completing
the strategic plan.
- Use tools to ensure that the plan evolves and continues to meet the needs of
the membership as the association's priorities and goals change.
Outcomes of the planning session and a draft business plan are provided to the chapter as follow-up materials. GCSAA covers all costs and coordinates all travel arrangements for strategic planning sessions. Staff will follow up with your chapter to offer support during the implementation and evaluation phases of the plan. To schedule a strategic planning session, please contact Leann Cooper.