GCSAA Chapter Outreach Grant Program
Although GCSAA dedicates considerable resources to national outreach, those efforts alone are not enough to achieve desired results. For this reason, GCSAA has established a fund to help chapters engage in activities that complement its efforts to communicate the value of membership to key constituents, primarily golfers and employers.
The GCSAA communications department determines that each application meets the guidelines for eligibility and then a GCSAA member task group reviews all applications.
The following criteria will be used for outreach awards in 2015:
- First priority will be given to those chapters that have not received a grant in the last three years.
- The chapter must start its outreach activities within two calendar years. For example: awards granted in 2015 must be used by the end of 2016.
- The chapter must provide matching funds equal to the amount requested. For example: A request of $1,500 must be equaled by at least $1,500 from the chapter.
- The outreach activity should address a specific communications need, but not be a duplication of efforts undertaken by the GCSAA at the national level on behalf of the membership. For example: a request for money for general promotional materials will not be approved, since the GCSAA provides print, audio and video collateral communications at the national level. But, a request for funds to buy commercial time using the national message on radio or television with a chapter tag line would be considered.
- Funds must be requested for future programs and not retroactively for past efforts.
- Each chapter must provide a brief follow-up report to help the GCSAA staff create a database of case studies and best management practices. If a chapter does not submit a follow-up report, it will be ineligible for consideration of an outreach grant in the future.
- GCSAA reserves the right to request the return of outreach funds if not used in accordance of the guidelines as detailed on the application.
- The grant request must be submitted and signed by the chapter president and at least one other chapter officer or staff member.
- Funds will not be approved to supplement current staff salaries. However, funds will be considered for freelance support or intern stipends to work on a specific communications outreach project.
- Any chapter request may not exceed $3,000.
For more information
Contact Craig Smith, director of communications and media relations, at 800-472-7878, ext. 4431, or email@example.com.