Remodeling 201: Preparing, Packaging and Implementing a Renovation Project
GCSAA has teamed with the
American Society of Golf Course Architects (ASGCA) to create two courses.
Remodeling University will help you determine if it's time for you to remodel, renovate
or restore your golf course. These modules will provide you with the steps involved
in the remodeling process.
Remodeling 201, the second in this series, covers how to focus your team, develop
your golf course remodeling budget and plan, as well as how to present this information
to decision makers at your facility.
Like the first course, it includes audio clips from past presidents of ASGCA. You
will need to use a PC with a sound card and speakers (or headphones).
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain who would best make up the design team for a remodel or renovation project
at your course.
- List key ways to share the workload with your team, especially your golf course
- Describe the initial steps in preparing your project plan and budget for approval.
- Prepare for construction and know how to select and work with a golf course contractor.
- Plan for communication to interested parties throughout the remodeling project.
Remodeling 201 modules
For your convenience, this course has been divided into two chapters. There's no
need to complete the entire course or even one section in a sitting.
For more details, review this course outline (PDF).
American Society of Golf Course Architects