Is Your Fertilizer Blue-Tag Certified?
presented by Koch Turf & Ornamental
Mar. 31, 2015
10 a.m. (Central)
Eric Miltner, Ph.D., CCA
Understanding today’s products is increasingly complex. In this 60-minute webinar, Eric Miltner, Ph.D., CCA, Agronomist, Koch Turf & Ornamental, will discuss several aspects of fertilizer registration. On the agenda:
- Registration and Certification – Who Needs It?
- Everyone’s Gotta be Different - What’s Makes Fertilizer So Special?
- State and Local Fertilizer Regulations in Turf – A Possible New Twist on the Registration Process?
- The Changing Landscape and What You Can Do to Keep the Fertilizers You Know and Love
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the differences between registration of fertilizers and other inputs such as pesticides or seed.
- Define AAPFCO and its role in the registration of fertilizers.
- Understand the role of states in the registration of fertilizers.
- Describe how their plant nutrients get from the point of manufacture to their golf courses.
- Articulate the importance of understanding and engaging in these processes, especially as they are relevant to existing and emerging state and local regulations that impact fertilizer application to turfgrass
About the instructor
Eric Miltner, Ph.D., CCA, is an agronomist with Koch Turf & Ornamental, who coordinates research and provides technical support on fertilizer use in turf and ornamentals. He earned his B.S.A. and M.S. degrees at the University of Georgia and his Ph.D. at Michigan State University. Miltner is also a Certified Crop Advisor through the American Society of Agronomy. Prior to a career move into the fertilizer industry, Miltner spent 17 years in university research, extension, and teaching at Washington State University and Utah State University.
Member price: Free
Nonmember price: Free
Education points: 0.1
Register now »