GCSAA offers many resources for building your advocacy skills, learning about Congress, making your case and getting involved in advocacy for your golf course. Let GCSAA help you:
- Keep informed about government issues and activities that affect your job
- Advocate your position to lawmakers through letters, phone calls and personal visits
- Gather and prepare position papers, research, and articles to help you educate lawmakers on golf course issues
- Facilitate the building of issue coalitions
- Identify your local, state and federal lawmakers and help you build relationships with those individuals
- Advise your chapter on lobbying strategies, including using the media and hiring a contract lobbyist
- Conduct customized advocacy training for your chapter members
GCSAA Grassroots Ambassadors
GCSAA members have the opportunity to serve as a GCSAA Grassroots Ambassador. GCSAA gives Grassroots Ambassadors personalized training on building relationships with their assigned member of Congress.
GCSAA Advocacy Teams
GCSAA Advocacy Teams allow all GCSAA members to be part of the association’s larger grassroots army. Advocacy Team members who are not Grassroots Ambassadors can provide outreach to other policymakers including governors, state lawmakers, state agency officials, and non-governmental organizations.
For more information on Advocacy Teams, contact Michael Lee, Manager, Government Affairs, ext. 3612.
GCSAA actively lobbies Congress to advance golf course management. To support the association’s direct lobbying efforts, GCSAA has recently formed a political action committee to support members of Congress who support GCSAA's Priority Issues Agenda.
Government Affairs Quarterly Briefing
Presented in partnership with
The government affairs department hosts quarterly, 30-minute webinars to keep GCSAA members in the loop on the association’s advocacy efforts. Learn more about these government affairs updates that are free for GCSAA members.
GCM Advocacy Articles
Every other month GCSAA's government affairs team writes an advocacy article for GCM Magazine. An archive of these articles is available. If you are interested in writing an advocacy article for GCM, contact Michael Lee, manager, government affairs.
General Government Advocacy Resources
We Are Golf Resources