Why become a CGCS?
The Certified Golf Course Superintendent (CGCS) designation is bestowed upon those who have demonstrated a high degree of knowledge in their profession. The CGCS designation is the most widely recognized in the golf industry and the highest recognition that can be achieved by golf course superintendents.
The new, modernized CGCS program is here! GCSAA has kept the integrity of the program while streamlining the process to fit today’s hectic life.
What does it take to become certified?
- Be currently employed as a golf course superintendent
- Meet GCSAA Class A requirements
- Meet application requirements and apply online
- In any order, successfully complete:
- Proctored online exam
- Communication and Leadership requirement
- Attesting of the golf course
Then boom, you're certified!
If you have questions, contact Grace Wyatt, CGCS certification manager, at 800-472-7878, ext. 3663