The Certified Turf Equipment Manager (CTEM) designation is bestowed upon those who have demonstrated a high degree of knowledge and proficiency in their profession. The CTEM designation is the highest recognition that can be achieved by turf equipment management professionals.
This certification was developed by your peers under the guidance of a professional psychometrician. The CTEM certification has three phases: eligibility, certification and recertification. Let’s explore these three phases.
Eligibility: How do I qualify to enter the CTEM program?
To qualify you must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently employed as a turf equipment manager.
- Have three or more years of experience of a turf equipment manager.
- Have successfully completed the Equipment Management Certificate Program (EMCP) Level 1 and Level 2.
Certification: What do I need to earn my CTEM certification?
- Complete and submit the application and pay your application fee.
- Successfully pass the maintenance facility attesting process.
Recertification: What will I need to do to renew my CTEM?
- Upon earning your CTEM certification, you will be given a 5-year renewal period. During these five years, you will need to earn and record 5.0 points.
If you have questions, contact Diana Kern, manager, education certificates and program validation, at 800-472-7878, ext. 3600.