EXCEL Leadership Program
The EXCEL Leadership Program offers leadership training for personal, career, and community/industry stewardship for assistant superintendents; the future leaders in the golf course management industry. Thank you, our application has closed. Applications will open May 1, 2023 and close May 31, 2023.
E — Educating golf industry leaders of tomorrow.
X — Cross-training opportunities so they can share what they have learned.
C — Creating community leaders who serve more than take.
E — Encouraging future leaders through advisory boards and councils.
L — Developing leaders who will mentor others.
The EXCEL Leadership Program features two, two-day education and training sessions and a trip to the annual GCSAA Conference and Trade Show for assistant golf course superintendents. The education and travel for 2022-2023 includes:
Watch this video
- Fall Meeting, Frisco, Texas - Recap video
- GCSAA Conference and Trade Show, Feb. 6-9, 2023, Orlando
- Spring Meeting, TBD
from NuFarm to learn more about the EXCEL Leadership Program.
To be considered, a GCSAA Class C member must complete the application and respond to two pre-selected essay questions. Up to eight assistant superintendents will be selected for this opportunity to develop their leadership skills over a three-year period.
Applicants must be:
- Currently employed as an assistant golf course superintendent within the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) or Canada.
- A Class C member of GCSAA
- Able to participate for three full years
- Not be working for current members of the GCSAA Board of Directors or GCSAA Foundation Board of Trustees, children of GCSAA or Nufarm staff, or current employees of those organizations.
Class 1 – Graduating Class of 2025
- Matthew Becker, Spring Hill Golf Club in Wayzata, Minn.
- Chad Blank, Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minn.
- Morgan Creighton, Woodside Golf Course in Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
- Cade Cutchen, Lake Merced Golf Club in Daly City, Calif.
- William Dennis, IV, Hendersonville Country Club in Hendersonville, N.C.
- Mark Jones Jr., Baltimore Country Club in Baltimore, Md.
- Nick Klinkhammer, Golden Valley Country Club in Golden Valley, Minn.
- Eric Langford, Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Bandon, Ore.
Class 2 – Graduating Class of 2024
- Aaron Cabanaw, Interlachen Country Club in Edina, Minn.
- Charles Cecil, Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Ga.
- Ethan Howard, The Ridge at Castle Pines North in Castle Rock, Colo.
- Miranda Robinson, Cordova Bay Golf Course in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Madison Rudsinski, Paradise Valley Country Club in Paradise Valley, Ariz.
- Kal Zaranec, Circling Raven Golf Club in Worley, Idaho
- Lorabeth West, Hillcrest Country Club in Los Angeles, Calif.
Class 3 – Graduating Class of 2023
- Kyle Gentry, Greensboro Country Club, Carlson Farm Course in Greensboro, N.C.
- Carey Hofner, The Club at Cordillera in Edwards, Colo.
- Mark Lyon, Teton Pines Resort and Country Club in Jackson, Wyo.
- Evan McFadden, Martis Camp Club in Truckee, Calif.
- Nicholas Mortara, Fairview Country Club in Greenwich, Conn.