To incorporate equipment management education into chapter education events, consider the following best practices used by chapters who’ve held successful EM education.
- Include an equipment manager on your education committee.
- Include an equipment manager on your board.
- Host equipment management education meetings one to two times per year.
- Rotate meeting locations between local maintenance facilities.
- Use the competencies and testing objectives outlined in the Turf Equipment Technician Certificate Program study guides to develop the learning objectives for events.
- After identifying the learning objectives, reach out to industry partners, components manufacturers or equipment managers for education instruction
- Build an email listserve of local equipment managers and survey the list for desirable education topics. Survey the audience to gauge their interest in fundamental vs. advanced content.
- Host a meeting with a GCSAA Equipment Management Series webinar as your education.