Weather Topics for Golf Course Management
This online course was developed to help golf course superintendents and assistant superintendents
better understand the basics of day-to-day weather, and how it affects the golf
facility. It is intended as a review of basic weather elements and includes weather
images to introduce and reinforce concepts. You will:
- Understand basic concepts of meteorology, including what makes weather.
- Learn about the relationship between air pressure, wind and global wind patterns.
- Understand the concept of humidity, relative humidity, dew point temperatures and
the hydrologic cycle.
- Understand some impacts of wind on chemical applications.
- Learn key characteristics of windbreaks and how they can be used.
- Learn facts about fronts and how they impact thunderstorm development.
This course also has downloadable audio files you can listen to to reinforce the
material. You can listen from your PC or from a portable device, whichever you find
Who should take this course: golf course superintendents, assistant superintendents, agronomy and horticulture students, grounds managers, turf industry professionals or anyone who supervises a team of golf course staff. Especially for those who want the ability to understand how storms can impact turfgrass management programs.
Weather Topics is divided into three short sections, each beginning with learning
objectives for that section's material. You control the pace and the length of your
learning session. You work independently and progress when you’re ready. Sections
- Weather Basics
- Applying Weather Basics
- Storm Development
You'll receive access to the online exam when you enroll. Your education points will be processed upon successful completion of the exam.
Member price: $60
Non-member price: $90
Education points: 0.2
Code #: 382-2-SS
Order now »
Weather Topics for Golf Course Management is also available as a CD course.