GCSAA’s philosophy is family first, employer second and GCSAA third.
Directors' commitment each year is (approximately 40-45, days which includes travel days for the following events:
- Four quarterly Board of Directors meetings (3-4 days each)
- Chapter Delegates meeting (3 days)
- One chapter outreach assignment (2-5 days)
- One or two committee/task group assignments (2-3 days each for physical meetings)
- Golf Industry Show( required) and GCSAA Golf Championship (optional) (10 days)
- National Golf Day (4 days)
In addition, officers' representation at various industry events incrementally increases, culminating with the office of president.