Melrose Equipment Management Experience
The Melrose Equipment Management Experience supports the professional development needs of GCSAA golf course equipment manager members by providing select individuals the opportunity to attend the Golf Industry Show.
The experience is open to applicants who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a current Class EM member in good standing. .
- Must not have attended the Golf Industry Show in any of the previous two years prior to selection into the program (Orlando 2020 or San Diego 2019).
- Past recipients are not eligible.
- Active Equipment Manager Task Group volunteers are not eligible.
- EM members working for current members of the GCSAA Board of Directors or the EIFG Board of Trustees and immediate family of GCSAA staff members shall not be eligible.
The Melrose Equipment Management Experience was established in 2019 by the late Ken Melrose, retired CEO and chairman of the board of The Toro Co., and is supported by a $1-million gift to the EIFG from The Kendrick B. Melrose Family Foundation. This program will have a positive impact for each equipment manager selected and ultimately, the game of golf.
Class members will receive the following:
- Golf Industry Show full package registration
- Education seminars and leadership sessions
- Five nights’ hotel accommodations
- $200 spending money
The selection process is designed to provide a class representative of the diverse elements of the GCSAA membership. The selection criteria will take into account qualifications, interest, financial need, and to the extent possible, less experienced equipment managers who will benefit most from the educational opportunity. Applicants should be able to demonstrate motivation to advance in their career. Work experience, scope of personal interests, level of community involvement, and recognition of leadership abilities through receipt of honors/awards may also have significant impact in the final selection process.