Melrose Equipment Management Experience
The Melrose Equipment Management Experience supports the professional development needs of GCSAA golf course equipment manager members by providing select individuals the opportunity to attend the GCSAA Conference and Trade Show.
Graduates of the Melrose Equipment Management Experience will:
- Advance their career by participating in tailored educational sessions at
the 2023 GCSAA Conference and Trade Show.
- Engage with highly regarded industry experts.
- Network with GCSAA leadership, industry leaders, and certified peers at
various receptions and events.
- Benefit from personal and professional development educational sessions
designed to elevate careers.
- Gain a broad understanding of issues facing the golf industry and learn to
advocate for their profession.
- Earn education points.
- Provide enhanced value to their facility.
- Financial support to complete the Equipment Management Certificate.
Program (EMCP) Level 1 and 2 exams.
Following the conference, members of the academy will continue to receive
communications promoting continued education opportunities, resources, and
ways to further engage with GCSAA.
- Must be a current Class EM member in good standing. .
- Must not have attended the GCSAA Conference and Trade Show in any of the previous two years prior to selection into the program (2022 or 2020). Attendees of the 2021 virtual event are eligible.
- Past recipients are not eligible.
- Active Equipment Manager Task Group volunteers are not eligible.
- EM members working for current members of the GCSAA Board of Directors or the GCSAA Foundation Board of Trustees and immediate family of GCSAA staff members shall not be eligible.
The Melrose Equipment Management Experience was established in 2019 by the late Ken Melrose, retired CEO and chairman of the board of The Toro Co., and is supported by a gift to the GCSAA Foundation from The Kendrick B. Melrose Family Foundation. This program will have a positive impact for each equipment manager selected and ultimately, the game of golf.
Class members will receive the following:
- All Access Registration for the 2023 GCSAA Conference & Trade Show
- Hotel accommodations
- Networking with GCSAA and The Toro Co. leadership, as well as education sessions in business, communication, and advocacy
- Round-trip airfare or mileage reimbursement
- $200 travel stipend for incidentals
The selection process is designed to provide a class representative of the diverse elements of the GCSAA membership. The selection criteria will take into account qualifications, interest, financial need, and to the extent possible, less experienced equipment managers who will benefit most from the educational opportunity. Applicants should be able to demonstrate motivation to advance in their career. Work experience, scope of personal interests, level of community involvement, and recognition of leadership abilities through receipt of honors/awards may also have significant impact in the final selection process.