The Envu Superintendent Grant Program (formerly the Bayer Superintendent Grant Program) assists golf course superintendents with their professional development
Lawrence, Kan. (Jan. 31, 2023) – Envu has partnered with the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) to send up to 10 members to the annual GCSAA Conference and Trade Show. Ten members have been
chosen to participate in the Envu Superintendent Grant Program for the 2023 GCSAA Conference and Trade Show in Orlando.
The purpose of the Envu Superintendent Grant Program (formerly the Bayer Superintendent Grant Program) is to assist golf course superintendents with their professional development through participation in the GCSAA Conference and Trade Show, which features
the most comprehensive education program available in the industry.
As part of the selection process, an emphasis was placed on leadership and inclusion – motivating their teams and embracing and encouraging individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and
The 2023 Envu Superintendent Grant Program winners are:
- Brian Biagi of Stoneridge Golf Club in Blanchard, Idaho
- James Cochran Jr. of Waynesboro Country Club in Waynesboro, Ga.
- Abraham Michael Coulsey of Rochelle Ranch Golf Course in Rawlins, Wyo.
- Patrick McIntyre of Buffalo Olmstead Golf Courses in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Andrew Moore of Bear Ridge Golf Club in Waco, Texas
- Sheldon Priest of Eagle Mountain Golf Course in Brigham City, Utah
- Cody Sander of Drumm Farm Golf Club in Independence, Mo.
- Michael Sharpe of Montclair Golf Club in West Orange, N.J.
- Michael Sisk of St. Clair Golf Club in St. Clair, Mich.
- Jesse Sutton of Fox Run Golf Club in Ludlow, Vt.
The winners’ trips are funded by the Envu Superintendent Grant Program, through Envu, a company founded in 2022 that is built on years of Bayer experience, for the “sole purpose of advancing healthy environments for everyone, everywhere.”
The grants are awarded by the GCSAA Foundation, the philanthropic organization of GCSAA.
“GCSAA is proud to partner with Envu through the Envu Superintendent Grant Program, which promotes a focus on leadership and inclusion,” GCSAA CEO Rhett Evans said. “Thanks to Envu’s support and generosity, GCSAA can continue to
provide our members with enriching and meaningful educational and professional development opportunities.”
The grant winners will receive airfare, hotel accommodations for four nights, full conference registration, registration for two education seminars of their choosing and $200 spending money.
“We at Envu are honored to help deserving superintendents and leaders continue their professional development at the 2023 GCSAA Conference and Trade Show,” said Mark Ford, Envu Customer Marketing Manager, Golf/Sports Turf. “This is a
world-class show with many educational opportunities to help superintendents advance their careers and the industry."