The Bayer Grant Program has provided funding for superintendents to attend GCSAA’s annual event since 2004.
Lawrence, Kan. (Feb. 1, 2022) – For more than 15 years, the Bayer Superintendent Grant Program has offered GCSAA members the opportunity to attend the GCSAA Conference and Trade Show. Nine members have been chosen to participate in the Bayer Grant Program and will attend the 2022 GCSAA Conference Feb. 5-10 in San Diego.
The grants assist golf course superintendents with their professional development through participation in the annual event that features the most comprehensive education program available in the industry. As part of the selection process, an emphasis was placed on diversity and inclusion – embracing and encouraging individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that superintendents invest in their work.
The 2022 Bayer Superintendent Grant Program winners are:
· Peter Grace of H. Smith Richardson Golf Course in Fairfield, Conn.
· Jonathan Hollingsworth of Twin Bridges Golf Club in Gadsden, Ala.
· Nolan Johnson of Makalei Hawaii Golf Club in Kailua, Hawaii
· Ryan McNamara of Kingwood Country Club in Kingwood, Texas
· Michael Osier of Northern Michigan University Golf Course in Marquette, Mich.
· Joseph Postel of The Boca Raton Resort and Club in Boca Raton, Fla.
· Gustavo Rodriguez of The Links of North Dakota in Ray, N.D.
· George Thomas of Bridgton Highlands Country Club in Windham, Maine
· Kris Wakeman of Sugar Loaf Golf Course – “The Old Course” in Cedar, Mich.
The winners’ trips are funded by the Bayer Superintendent Grant Program, through Bayer Environmental Science (a business unit of Bayer CropScience Inc.). The grants are awarded by the GCSAA Foundation, the philanthropic organization of GCSAA.
“We are grateful of Bayer’s ongoing commitment to providing educational resources and professional development opportunities for GCSAA members,” GCSAA CEO Rhett Evans said. “GCSAA appreciates its partnership with Bayer and Bayer’s focus on diversity and inclusion.”
The grant winners will receive airfare, hotel accommodations for four nights, full conference registration, registration for two education seminars of their choosing and $200 spending money.
“As the industry re-connects in San Diego, we are thrilled to enable superintendents to maintain their edge with the latest tools and education techniques available,” said Bayer Golf Customer Marketing Manager Mark Ford.