The EXCEL Leadership Program is funded by Nufarm and offers leadership training for future leaders in golf course management
Lawrence, Kan. (Sept. 21, 2021) Eight assistant superintendent members of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) have been chosen for the fourth class of the EXCEL Leadership Program, which is funded by Nufarm and administered by the GCSAA Foundation.
The three-year program offers leadership training for personal, career and community/industry stewardship exclusively for assistant superintendents. The EXCEL Leadership Program focuses on education, cross-training and creating, encouraging and developing community leaders.
The EXCEL Leadership Program features two, three-day education and training sessions and a trip to the annual GCSAA Conference and Trade Show. The 2021 class will attend the Fall Meeting at GCSAA Headquarters in Lawrence, Kan., Oct. 26-28, and the 2022 Spring Meeting in addition to the 2022 GCSAA Conference in San Diego, Calif., Feb. 5-10.
“Assistant superintendents are essential to the future of the golf course management industry,” GCSAA CEO Rhett Evans said. “I commend the efforts of members of the EXCEL Leadership Program and their focus on the advancement of their careers, and I look forward to meeting the new class this fall.”
The members of the 2021 EXCEL Leadership Program are:
· Aaron Cabanaw of Interlachen Country Club in Edina, Minn.
· Charles Cecil of Palmetto Golf Club in Aiken, S.C.
· Tanner Duncan of Corte Bella Golf Club in Sun City West, Ariz.
· Ethan Howard of The Ridge at Castle Pines North in Castle Rock, Colo.
· Miranda Robinson of Cordova Bay Golf Course in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
· Madison Rudsinski of Paradise Valley Country Club in Paradise Valley, Ariz.
· Lora West of Hillcrest Country Club in Los Angeles, Calif.
· Kalman Zaranec of Circling Raven Golf Club in Worley, Idaho
“It has been incredibly rewarding to work with the first three EXCEL classes, and I expect this class to be no different,” Steve Vincent, Nufarm Turf & Ornamental sales manager said. “Their dedication to the industry and commitment to their own advancement in leadership and professionalism is evident, and I look forward to spending the next three years with them.”