Funded by Nufarm, the EXCEL Leadership Program offers leadership training for future leaders in golf course management
Lawrence, Kan. (Sept. 20, 2022) – Eight assistant superintendent members of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) have been chosen for the fifth class of the EXCEL Leadership Program, which is funded by
Nufarm and administered by the GCSAA Foundation.
The three-year program offers leadership training for personal, career and community/industry stewardship exclusively for assistant superintendents. The EXCEL Leadership Program focuses on education, cross-training and creating, encouraging and developing
The EXCEL Leadership Program features two, three-day education and training sessions and a trip to the annual GCSAA Conference and Trade Show. The 2022 class will attend the Fall Meeting Oct. 4-6, in Frisco, Texas, the 2023 GCSAA Conference and Trade
Show Feb. 6-9 in Orlando, Fla., and the Spring Meeting in 2023 with details to be announced later.
“Assistant superintendents are the next generation of leaders in the golf course management industry,” GCSAA CEO Rhett Evans said. “I congratulate the members selected for the latest EXCEL Leadership Program class and applaud their commitment
to professional development. Their participation in this program will undoubtedly make a positive impact on their careers and the future of the industry.”
The members of the 2022 EXCEL Leadership Program are:
- Matthew Becker of Spring Hill Golf Club in Wayzata, Minn.
- Chad Blank of Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minn.
- Morgan Creighton of Woodside Golf Course in Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
- Cade Cutchen of Lake Merced Golf Club in Daly City, Calif.
- William Dennis IV of Hendersonville Country Club in Hendersonville, N.C.
- Mark Jones Jr. of Baltimore Country Club in Baltimore, Md.
- Nick Klinkhammer of Golden Valley Country Club in Golden Valley, Minn.
- Eric Langford of Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Bandon, Ore.
“As the exclusive sponsor of the EXCEL Leadership Program, Nufarm welcomes these select individuals to the 2022 class!” said Chris Fronczek, golf market manager for Nufarm. “For the past five years, Nufarm has underwritten EXCEL as part
of our commitment to investing in the personal and professional advancement of assistant superintendents who make up the industry’s future leaders.”