The Envu Superintendent Grant Program assists golf course superintendents with their professional development
Lawrence, Kan. (Jan. 23, 2024) – Envu has partnered with the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) again to send up to 10 members to the annual GCSAA Conference and Trade Show through the Envu Superintendent Grant Program. Ten members have chosen to participate in this year’s program at the 2024 GCSAA Conference in Phoenix.
The purpose of the Envu Superintendent Grant Program (formerly the Bayer Superintendent Grant Program) is to assist golf course superintendents with their professional development through participation in the GCSAA Conference and Trade Show, which features the most comprehensive education program available in the industry.
As part of the selection process, all applications were judged anonymously by a panel of golf industry professionals, who evaluated applicants on their professional career development experiences, ability to motivate and mentor, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, talent and drive to excel as a superintendent.
The 2024 Envu Superintendent Grant Program winners are:
- Chad Allen of The Club at Chatham Hills in Westfield, Ind.
- Lucy Castaneda of the University of New Mexico North Course in Albuquerque, N.M.
- Kevin Coppel of Championship Course at Trump National Golf Club – Washington D.C. in Sterling, Va.
- Nick Eberhardt of The Ridge at Castle Pines from Castle Pines, Colo.
- Cory Hillman of White Oak Conservation in Brunswick, Ga.
- Donald Jones of Oak Wing Golf Club in Alexandria, Va.
- Chris Knapp of Amhearst (N.H.) Country Club
- Mark O’Mell of Pinon Hills Golf Course in Aztec, N.M.
- Trevor Reid of National Golf Club of Kansas City in Parkville, Mo.
- Robert Uzar of Hammock Creek Golf Club in Palm City, Fla.
The winners’ trips are funded by the Envu Superintendent Grant Program, through Envu, a company founded in 2022 that is built on over 50 years of environmental science experience for the “sole purpose of advancing healthy environments for everyone, everywhere.” The grants are awarded by the GCSAA Foundation, the philanthropic organization of GCSAA.
“GCSAA is proud to continue its partnership with Envu through the Envu Superintendent Grant Program, which promotes a focus on leadership and inclusion,” GCSAA CEO Rhett Evans said. “Thanks to Envu’s ongoing support and generosity, GCSAA can continue to provide our members with enriching and meaningful educational and professional development opportunities.”
The grant winners will receive airfare, hotel accommodations for four nights, full conference registration, registration for two two-hour education seminars of their choosing and $200 spending money.
“We at Envu are deeply honored to help deserving superintendents and leaders continue their professional development at the 2024 GCSAA Conference and Trade Show,” said Mark Ford, Envu Campaign Activation Manager, Golf/Sports Turf. “This is a world-class show with amazing educational opportunities to help superintendents advance their careers and the industry.”