| Nov 11, 2021
Thirty-seven leaders from 23 affiliated chapters strengthened their leadership skills at the 2021 Chapter Leader/Executive Symposium, November 9-10 at GCSAA headquarters in Lawrence, Kan. The symposium is funded, in part, by the Williams Leadership Endowment Fund through the GCSAA Foundation
This annual event allows chapters to send a volunteer leader and association staff member to GCSAA headquarters. The program is intended to strengthen each chapter’s leadership team, build on successes and learn new concepts and ideas to support chapter effectiveness.
Attendees participate in sessions focused on a broad segment of volunteer and association management topics with plenty of time to network with their peers from around the country. GCSAA staff also highlight the various ways the association can assist in chapter operations.
The session’s first day was highlighted by updates on GCSAA, The First Green, regional advocacy efforts and communications platforms to assist with chapter operations.
Day two was also filled with key information from the GCSAA Foundation and leadership training.
Amy Leslie, the CEO of Perspective Consulting based in the Kansas City area, concluded the event with an interactive workshop. Leslie educated the group on how your personality can impact your leadership style, while maximizing your success both personally and professionally.
The entire event was very successful and well received by attendees.
The objectives for the 2021 Chapter Leader/Executive Symposium included:
- Gain practical skills and knowledge to help you successfully lead your facility and your chapter
- Explore the challenges and changes impacting today’s association operating environment
- Build an ongoing professional network of peers and share best practices and innovative ideas
- Receive updates on programs and initiatives that are of interest to chapters from GCSAA
- Central Illinois GCSA – Nathan Jordan
- Central Texas – Jake Snyman and Carol Cloud
- Florida GCSA – Jennifer Bryan
- GCSA of Arkansas – Samantha Nuckolls
- GCSA of New England – Peter Rappocclo, Sr., CGCS and Don Hearn, CGCS, Retired
- GCSA of New York – Steven Kurta and Suzanne Mis
- Georgia GCSA – Lydell Mack and Tenia Workman
- Heart of America – Brent Stephenson and Thomas Storey
- Idaho GCSA – Bryce Burton and Lori Russell
- Inland Empire GCSA – Michael Bednar and Lori Russell
- Iowa GCSA – Brian Abels and Kory Brown
- Lone Star GCSA – Michael Upchurch and Carol Cloud
- Michigan GCSA – Ryan Moore and Adam Ikamas
- Midwest Association of GCS – Mark Kosbad, CGCS, Todd Schmitz, and Luke Cella
- Minnesota GCSA – Eric Ritter and Michael Sonnek
- Nebraska GCSA – Troy Lorenz and Katy Boggs
- North Texas GCSA – Jason Wiedeman and Shannon Phillips
- Peaks and Prairies GCSA – Ryan Blecta and Lori Russell
- Rio Grande GCSA – Michael Adkins and Carol Cloud
- San Diego GCSA – Sandy Cooper
- South Texas GCSA – Allen Plagens and Carrie Cole
- Southern Nevada GCSA – Misty Kadel
- Utah GCSA –Natalie Barker