GCSAA is looking for members with a passion for their association and the game of golf to bring their energy, innovation and vision to the GCSAA Board of Directors.
As stated in the bylaws:
Article VI Section 1. Qualifications and Terms of Office: Only Class A members who are actively employed as golf course superintendents are eligible for election as Officers or Directors of this Association.
While not required the following suggested list of experiences and personal qualities that will provide potential candidates with a roadmap to prepare for national board service:
- Have demonstrated a personal and professional commitment to the association and the golf course management profession.
- Is a creative, visionary and strategic thinker who understands and embraces the mission, vision and goals of GCSAA.
- Has demonstrated the ability to work respectfully with other board members; committee/task group members; allied association leaders; industry partners; and GCSAA staff.
- Is comfortable speaking and making presentations in both small and large group settings.
- Is comfortable with utilizing social media.
- Is aware of national governmental and regulatory issues impacting the golf course industry.
- Have served as a Chapter or Voting Delegate.
- Have served on GCSAA committees/task groups.
- Have served on an affiliated chapter board as a director and/or executive officer.
- Previous experience chairing committees and/or task groups at the chapter level.
Learn more with the Board Service FAQs. For additional questions, contact Shelia Finney, senior director, member programs, at 800-472-7878, ext. 4472.