Maintaining your CGCS status
Find out what's required during your five-year renewal cycle
Once certified, you will begin a five-year renewal cycle. To renew your status,
you must meet the following requirements:
1. Continuing education requirement
If your renewal expiration date is before July 1, 2017:
- You must either attain at least 15 points, of which a minimum of 5.0 must be education points.
- Successfully complete the written examination, plus attain 5.0 points, with a minimum of 2.0 education points.
If your renewal expiration date is July 1, 2017, or later:
- You must either attain at least 15 points, of which a minimum of 9.0 must be education points.
- Successfully complete the written examination, plus attain 5.0 points, with a minimum of 3.0 education points.
Please keep in mind that all points must be earned within your five-year CGCS renewal
How to earn education and service points »
2. IPM requirement
To renew your CGCS status, you must fulfill the IPM requirement (either by submitting
your pesticide license information or taking the IPM exam).
Learn more about the IPM requirement »
3. Renewal application
The renewal application and fee must be received in GCSAA headquarters prior to your expiration date. Renewal applications received after the expiration date will not be processed.
For more information about the certification program and fulfilling the requirements, review the Certification Code of Standards.